SAFE PRACTICES AND WORKPLACES
Keep track of the latest guidance from the CDC, OSHA, and MDH to ensure essential workers and those they interact with are protected.
Center for Disease Control
Occupational Safety and Health
Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Department of Economic Development resources for employers– Information on staffing, hours, unemployment insurance and assistance for small businesses.
- Coronavirus and unemployment insurance– Specific details on mandatory or voluntary quarantines, changes in hourly work or layoffs, and COVID-19 related costs.
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry’s “worker protections”– A summary of FMLA, sick leave, unemployment insurance.
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry – Frequently asked questions for employers and employees related to COVID-19
- Minnesota Council – Society of Human Resource Management (MNSHRM)– Resources for HR professionals (login required).
- U.S. Department of Labor guide to FMLA in public health emergencies
- U.S. Department of Labor guidance on paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave benefits
- Workers’ compensation coverage for employees who contract COVID-19– An FAQ from the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- DEED Unemployment Insurance Statistics
- MNOSHA COVID-19 Compliance
- Return to work draft template for businessesfrom Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- New executive order EO-20-40 allows some businesses, employees to return to work
- On Thursday, April 23, Governor Walz issued a new executive order to start returning some Minnesota employees to work. This order impacts workers in non-customer facing industrial and office-based businesses who cannot work from home. According to DEED, the order “will allow around 20,000 businesses and roughly 80,000 – 100,000 workers to go back to work beginning on Monday, April 27.”
- DEED guide for businesses
- DEED guide for employees
- Frequently asked questions
American Staffing Association
Minnesota Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 prevention best practices
Open for Business poster PDF from the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce